Monday, May 20, 2013

It's over - Bout of Books 7.0 Wrap-up

Never would have thought I would enjoy a reading event as much as I enjoyed Bout of Books 7.0 readathon.
 
So to wrap it up, what happened during this week:
 
Total books read: 3
Total pages read: 949 (oww... so close!)
The books I finished: Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver (Women'z Prize shortlist), Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (my Classics Club list), The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (simply an awesome book).
Number of challenges I participated: 3
 
How did I do regarding to the goals I set myself before the readathon?
 
Let's see...
 
1. Finish at least two books - check!
2. Read at least two hours a day - I am not even sure why I set this goal as it is basically impossible for me to keep track on reading time. But I'm positive that at least half the days I did read around two hours.
3. Visit at least 5 Bout of Books blogs a day - check. I visited, I commented.
4. Regular daily updates - CHECK. This is what I am really proud of, as doing something regularly can be very challenging for me. However, during the readathon I posted every single morning. (That is almost achievement enough to buy a book as a reward...)
 
It was nice to read the blogs of other participants and see how everyone was doing. It was nice to find comments in my own blog - thank you, people!
 
The next Bout of Books readathon will take place in August and I very much would want to get involved again.
 
As for now, let the normal reading, reviewing and posting schedule to commence - I miss my routine :D

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting your reading goals! This was my first time participating in the BoB. I am definitely planning on participating in the next one.

    Hope to see you there!

    Tallulah A. @ MAD Hoydenish

    I read some dark and crazy books this time so I am going to take a few days before I review them. Here are my updates for 7.0: http://madhoydenish.blogspot.com/2013/04/iamreading-level-26-series-bout-of-books.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also planning to take part in the next readathon! Because this one was a-we-some :))

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on meeting those goals! Bout of books was a complete blast and I cannot wait for the next one! I too managed to post an update every day, and that is a huge accomplishment for me. I half the time let life get in the way and will go dark for days at a time. Lots of content this week and 5 new reviews even went up!

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite hopeless in some things that require some kind of constant concentration.. but really making effort with the book blog, because books are what I love! Props for writing reviews at the same time, I knew I couldn't do that so lots of work for this week now :)

      Delete
  3. YAY!!! for meeting all of your goals! And it's so great you decided to join Bout of Books 8.0. My first was 4.0 and since then I never even considered not-participating :D I'm already looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you're a Bout of Books veteran! Even though all this reading-on-command (thehe) was a bit tiring, I am waiting for the next one :)

      Delete
  4. Well, you had a pretty spectacular week then! 3 books! That's brill that you met all your goals, I'm sure you're very chuffed with yourself :) I definitely didn't meet mine but I had a good week nonetheless and I am looking forward to the next one.

    Hooray for the resumption of normal routines :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel quite proud, thank you very much :D Yay to us for making the event work no matter the conditions.

      Delete
  5. You did sooooo awesome! I'm so glad that you had fun :-) Are you planning to do the next B.o.B. readathon in August?

    And how did you like The Eyre Affair? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to join. It might even be that I have vacation during that time (don't remember the dates exactly).

      Given that I plowed through The Eyre Affair in basically 48 hours (that hasn't happened in a while) I'd say I enjoyed it quite a bit :) Will try to review it this week.

      Delete
  6. Great job meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)