Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bout of Books 7.0 [readathon]


The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
 
 
So, I decided to join Bout of Books week-long readathon. Exciting! 
 
Goals:
 
* I would like to finish at least two books. Two in a week is not too much, is it? (Maybe even three??? One can dream...)
* I am not going to be reading exclusively, but I would like to cram in a few more hours every day, at least. Like, read during brekkie and lunch, and so on.
* I'd like to see how other participants are doing, what they are reading, how they are reading, et cetera. Comment a blog or too, or if there are (mini) challenges, to take part.
 
Yay! *happy dance* 


7 comments:

  1. So excited you've signed up! It's so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We shall read lots and lots of awesome books, yes we shall!

      Delete
  2. OK, I'm in - I've never done one of these before, so I'm looking forward to it!

    And if you want to read The Red Book, I'll mail it to you when I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done one of "those" (hehe) either, but it should be really low pressure and I'm hoping setting some additional goals for myself would help me get back on better track with reading (bad slumps!).

      I'll wait 'til you finish The Red Book - then you can give an opinion whether you think it's worth the postal fee, to send this book to travel around :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm already so excited and making a pile of books for the readathon :))

      Delete
  4. I am following your blog via Google Friend Connect now. Looking forward to your posts.

    Tallulah A. @ MAD Hoydenish

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)