Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Bout of Books: Monday

The first day of Bout of Books readathon was a great success, even though I did not finish anything - but I enjoyed it greatly - checking out how others are doing, participating in the Spine Poetry challenge, chatting on Twitter.
 
The books I read on Monday: Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
Total pages read today: 96
Total books finished: 0
What do my cats think about the books at hand: Nothing. It is a softcover with a VERY soft cover, which makes it a bad "rub-my-face-against-while-looking-stupid" book.
Flavour of the day: absolutely delicious dinner made by my lovely (and understanding, thehe) boyfriend.
 
 
 
 
In other news, I received a pack of books - the Lonely Planet Prague travel guide (yess! - not sure it would count as a reading material, though...), The Eyre Affair, City of Dark Magic and Outlander. And I want to read them all. right. now. I am soooo doomed...

11 comments:

  1. "rub-my-face-against-while-looking-stupid" LOL Gabby does this to EVERYTHING. She did it to a bag of chips last night.

    YAY for a great first day!!! And yayyyyy for getting so many good books in the mail :-) You know, you could start one of those this week if you didn't want to wait... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah anything goes - books, furniture, human legs, FOOD (can get messy...)

      As to good books in the mail - don't tempt me, as Gandalf would say :D I might just not be able to resist The Eyre Affair...

      Delete
  2. You are definitely doomed! The Eyre Affair is rather good...

    Cheers all round for excellent first days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grrr, knowing you think The Eyre Affair is rather good certainly isn't good right now :D I have to just be strong and move on to Bradbury after I finish the book at hand.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I know that doomed feeling well! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, I'll try to be strong! At least this week :)

      Delete
  4. 96 pages is great!! I've read Outlander, & City of Dark Magic...the latter one was kind of a slow start. I'd read The Eyre Affair first. :) Outlander flies by once you get to Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that bit about Jamie...

      Delete
    2. Thanks! It's great so many people have enjoyed Outlander, I am kind of missing to get into a big series of chunksters since finishing the latest George R.R. Martin novel :) I mainly got City of Dark Magic because Christine really liked it and also it's set in PRAGUE, the city which I am obsessed with and will be travelling to really soon this summer. So I will try to get through the slow start, but thanks for the warning :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any Kinsolver novels but I'd really like to. Good luck with your goals, I hear Outlander is good as well! Enjoy your reading. Here are my Bout of Books Read-a-thon Goals and updates if you'd like to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was intimidated by Kingsolver at first, but now discovered that her text is quite accessible. Thank you, good luck to you too and I'll be checking out your Readathon progress :)

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)