Monday, May 20, 2013

Bout of Books: Sunday

Wheeee! The last day of readathon is done (it's almost midnight here [even though I'll likely draft this post and publish on Monday morning] so I am officially calling it quits). Not that I am happy about it ending, but, well, I am a bit, because as awesome as it was, I feel drained and the thought of focusing on other things too, now (like going to the movies! and being more social outside the Internetz) feels nice.
 
So, the last day was very successful for me, as I basically just read the whole day. Quite deliberately, as I was determined to finish off The Eyre Affair along with the readathon.

The books I read on Sunday: The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.
Total pages read: 249 (! wow).
Total books finished: 3 (!!!)
What do my cats think: So my other cat, Mammu, made an appearance and snuggled down with The Eyre Affair today (or maybe she was just snuggling down with me, because I happened to be reading on the carpet on the floor...). Also Robert decided that my copy was not that clean anymore and tried to wash the cover (the way cats wash things and themselves - was funny :p).
Flavour of the day: Banana-blueberry-honey-yoghurt-milk smoothie.
 
I said she's smart :))
Book makes a good pillow for an intelligent cat.
 
 
I'm ready to wrap things in a wrap-up post tomorrow. It has been such fun!

8 comments:

  1. I see your other cat has made an appearance! I love a black and white cat -- glad to see yours is enjoying the book, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love black and white cats, too, as well as all the others :) Yeah - that one's real smart. She watches TV, too. :)

      Delete
  2. You finished another! What did you think of it? I loved the general nerdiness of the entire book. Wonderful pictures, your cats love the camera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the general nerdiness, too! I am so curious to read the next one already, but unfortunately it's difficult to find the kind of copy that I want.

      Hah, yes, they are little posers :) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your cats are just adorable :-)

    AWESOME JOB on the readathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks! Kitty love is the best :)

      Delete
  4. I love your cats. I wish mine was as interested in reading with me. The closest he gets is he'll hop in my lap, block my view of the pages while he tries to find a comfy spot for ten minutes, only to hop back down anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oww. "Block-the-view" maneuver is of course classic, Robert sometimes comes and lies down on the open book in bed :) They do seem to think cats are more important than books!

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)