Monday, May 13, 2013

Bout of Books Challenge #1: Spine Poetry

Cait over at Escape Through the Pages is hosting the Bout of Books challenge: Spine Poem Challenge.

Here are the rules (and check out the site for more information, participation conditions, prizes, etc):

It’s easy – using books you have on hand, line up their spines to create a poem out of the titles. There is no theme and no set number of books to use, just do what pops into your head. You CAN use extra words outside of the books titles, BUT, you can only use as many extra words as you have books.
 
Let me tell you, it definitlely ain't as easy as it looks like! I picked six books, so I was allowed to add six words to the book titles.
 
So here are my books and here is my first ever attempt on spine poetry:
 
 
 
The Woman in White
thought
"Tender is the Night,
Life After Life;
Are we just
The Dust in Sunlight?
The Well-Educated Mind?
Burning at
451⁰ Fahrenheit?
 
(The last book is in Estonian and thus the title fits better into my poem than the English version; I am not sure if I am cheating here or not, but there were no language restrictions included so I am going with this one right now :) )
 
That was fun!
 
 


11 comments:

  1. This is very cool! There is a challenge called SpineSpeak starting this month that I'm going enter -- the rules are a bit different than here, but it seems like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link Christine, I love this! Not sure I will enter myself (I don't use library at all and there is only so much you can do with bookshelves that are half-filled with books in Estonian), but I will definitely read what others come up with!

      Delete
  2. This poem sounds so philosophical! :) Have fun with the readathon!

    http://thehidingspot.blogspot.com/2013/05/bout-of-books-70-book-spine-poetry.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy the readathon too :)

      Delete
  3. I love this! That is all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed! Great poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I liked yours too, a lot :)

      Delete
  5. Great poem :) As Sara said, it sounds so philosophical, definitely has you thinking for a minute LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem! I didn't have time to participate in the challenges this time around ;-( They sound like fun.

    Have you read Life After Life yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The challenges were a lot of fun, hopefully it'll be better for you next time.

      I did read Life After Life (still the best book I've read this year) and even wrote about it in here:

      http://bookishrealm.blogspot.fi/2013/04/review-life-after-life-by-kate-aktinson.html

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)