Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bout of Books Challenge #2: Acrostic Poem

Melissa over at Harley Bear Book Blog is hosting the Bout of Books challenge: Acrostic Poem Challenge.

Remember back in elementary school when you would write your name vertically down the page then next to each letter you'd write an adjective describing yourself that starts with that letter?  Well that's the idea for today except with...wait for it...books!  
 
Hop over to Melissa's blog for an example and more information on the challenge (and giveaway!)
 
I wanted to pick a book with relatively short title and also something fairly popular so people would know what the book is about. (Thinking about writing acrostic poem for a book like Jeanette Winterson's "Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?" seemed like maybe not the best idea :p)
 
 

Gripping tale
Of
Nick and Amy Dunne
Engrossing to the bone

Gritty
Intense
Repulsive as whole
Look at them fall

14 comments:

  1. That's really good, you've really summed up the book well. I love the 'look at them fall'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie, I'm glad someone enjoys those snippets. I get this creative urge with those book challenges and then I just can't resist. It feels pretty awesome actually :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome job! That last line is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed this challenge :)

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! I didn't realize it was gritty and intense. And repulsive? I think I need to pick this one up soon. Thanks for participating!
    -Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is NOT your "feel-good-book" that's for sure :) But if you like these kind of intense, darker stories with lots of twists, Flynn is definitely worth a try!

      Delete
  4. It is pretty amazing that this book can be both engrossing and repulsive. But it is. Very perceptive acrostic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was like this accident happening that you can't resist to look at :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love your acrostic! I agree with everyone who said your last line is so spot on. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome poem! I really want to read this book, and your poem makes it sound even more intriguing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Even though my initial reactions to the book was not THAT good (I do think it's a good book - just not my personal favourite), I have to admit that as time has gone by, I have softened up to it more. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend it (plus it's just a fast read).

      Delete
  7. You are so clever! and a wonderful delicious photography of the book.
    Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I do love photographing books, they are wonderful models :))

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)