Sunday, April 27, 2014

[Dewey's]: Update #3

I've got so many updates! *tries not to hyperventilate* I finished a book - I doubt I will finish another one, but I am very much pleased. I am a slow reader, apparently, and also very easily distracted. Last night Jan lured me to watch a movie instead of reading, and I don't even watch movies that often, so no idea where that went wrong... It was Crank with Jason Statham - one of those flicks where you feel like getting a bit dumber by each passing minute:p At midnight and after hours of reading, parts of it were hilarious though.

Even though I loved yesterday's snack dinner, I am very much ready to return my somewhat healthier food choices :p
Time: 12.05 pm local time
Hours read so far: no idea, maybe 12 or so.
Books read from: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Books finished: 1
Pages read: 270? I think.
Feeling: awesome! I slept like 7 hours :)
Misc: I will pick up another book, although I doubt I will finish anything else.

6 comments:

  1. 7 hours is a good amount of sleep :) And I really enjoyed The Guersney Literary! And 12 hours of reading is very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jillian! I feel I could have been more consistent with how I filled the reading time, but... so many distractions :p

      Delete
  2. If I ever join, I would definitely still be sleeping regular-ish amount like you did. My brain would not process anything after hour 16 or so without sleep, I think. I'd call a whole book done in one day a great accomplishment though -- well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's also a good point - I think in the last hours it would be very difficult to keep any focus on a book. Thanks, Christine, I'm pretty happy with how the readathon turned out :)

      Delete
  3. I just realised I've had this post open since last weekend and haven't commented. I think what I mostly wanted to say was "OMG YOUR BREAKFAST LOOKS SO DELICIOUS" so... definitely a comment worth waiting for. Sorry about that. >:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was *definitely* a comment worth waiting! I didn't realise there are other people who have sites open and who might get to comments or commenting late because of that! Sometimes I just put a post I like on hold to comment on later, and then it disappears in the confusion of all the tabs, and I may end up commenting a week later :)

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)