Saturday, April 26, 2014

[Dewey's]: Kick-off Meme and Snack Special


1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Helsinki, Finland, Europe. The weather is sunny, 12 degrees of Celsius.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Ella Minnow Pea and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Why so difficult questions! Is it supposed to be informative answer, or a random little fact, like ... that I never, ever go to bed with make up on? :p Hi, I'm Riv, I live in Helsinki with my fiancé and two furballs... that sounds like the About Me section.

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I participated in October, but didn't have a ton of time to read, so this time I have made myself free of all obligations, filled the apartment with food and caffeine, and ready to tackle the books. What I'm most looking forward to is the snacks! (See below.)
 
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
 

To Estelle, and all you other snack lovers out there :)
 
Snack Special!
 
Snacks are almost as important part of Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon as books, right? Right??? Here's what I have for myself for those moments I feel like om-nom-nomming on something :)
 
Beverages: regular coffee (with milk and honey); Pommac - a Finnish soft drink, which ain't as sweet as most of your other fizzy ones; apple-carrot juice from a farm in Estonia - my favourite; hot chocolate with Daim; regular water, which I flavour with lemon or strawberries.
 
Fruit (there ain't many things in life I love better than fruit...): oranges, apples, grapes, bananas, avocados, strawberries.
 
Misc: garlic cheese rye bread balls - a Finnish snack I haven't tried; ranch flavoured potato chips (haven't had those for a while, I kinda eat healthy nowadays, but when else to indulge if not today...), Camembert cheese (can't wait, honestly... - I think this is one's my answer to the question of which I am most looking forward to), candy! of Finnish variety.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've got quite the spread! I think my favorite part will be the snacks, too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, Riv :) Jealous of the hot chocolate with Daim!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)