Saturday, April 26, 2014

[Dewey's]: Update #1




Time: 7 pm local time
Hours read so far: 4
Books read from: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Pages read: no idea, but I'm at 38% on Kindle.
Feeling: great!
Misc: I'm enjoying the book - it's an epistolary novel, you guys! And not the half-ass one like Bernadette* (though I very much love me some Bernadette), but it seems to be written only in letters and telegrams. There is a doppelganger of Drusilla Clack** in this book, how I miss good old Miss Clack and her preachy patronising antics! I have been wondering over the title of this book for ages, and now I finally know how and why it got to be.
 
 
* Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
** From The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

6 comments:

  1. Love that mug and the book. I don't read a lot of adult novels, but I really enjoyed Guernsey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm almost finished with Guernsey :)

      Delete
  2. I have that mug :)

    Oh, and Miss Clack! I will never forget Miss Clack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! And yes. Miss Clack is/was definitely one of the best characters :)

      Delete
  3. Great mug! I have the P&P one. SD
    http://www.sandradanby.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several in that Penguin line I'd like to own. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)