Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Closing the lid of October


The books I read last month:

* Ship of Magic by Robin Hobb
* The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury (Classics Club, RIP VIII)
* Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (RIP VIII)
* Shatter Me by Taheref Mafi
* Dracula by Bram Stoker (Classics Club, RIP VIII)
* The Shadow Over Innsmouth by H.P. Lovecraft (RIP VIII)

Haven't finished yet (and not sure if I will):
* The Turn of the Screw by Henry James

I managed four reviews in October, which for me is an achievement. Seriously, I feel like I'm in a constant writing slump... I'm trying to catch up with books I've finished and that will probably include at least one post full of mini reviews.
 
 
 
Here is my TBReviewed pile. Yep, it's quite high. 4 of those are Classics Club books, the rest I will turn into mini-reviews, most likely.
 
Here's to more catching up with reviews in November!

8 comments:

  1. You had a great October! What did you think of Ship of Magic? I love Robin Hobbs books and the Liveship Traders is a great trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wrote very little about Ship of Magic in the mini-reviews, but yes, it was so good and also the book had a good flow, I mean it's a huge book but it didn't feel like it.

      Delete
  2. You had a productive month! So many great books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Some were not that great but they do teach me to value really good books :)

      Delete
  3. What a good month! You have some pretty chunky chunksters in there too. I'm really in the mood for trying Dracula now I've seen you talk about it. That and more of the Thursday Next...maybe two Christmas reads right there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I can't seem to avoid big books.

      I think Dracula might suit for Christmas time, although I personally enjoyed how good chunk of the narrative in book took place in October and I read it at the same month, but to be honest, it doesn't really have that much of importance. I think Dracula is a good classic book that is a good read for any time of the year :)

      Delete
  4. You did really great in October! And you have me really, really wanting to try out Robin Hobb... seriously, I need more TIME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there was a way to get like extra chunks of time for reading :D Seriously, so many books. But Hobb is fast read so that's a good thing.

      Delete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)