Adam from Roof Beam Reader is hosting The 2014 TBR Pile Challenge. For the fifth year! Congratulations on the anniversary! Click on the link to head over to the main post of the challenge, to learn about the rules and prizes.
I don't know any bookworm who didn't constantly complain over the size of their TBR pile, so this will be one of my chosen challenges for next year.
I've added the first publication dates.
The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco (1980) (CC) - 4/5
2. Wolf Hall, Hilary Mantel (2009)
4. Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens (1837) (CC)
6. Tender Is the Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald (1933) (CC)
8. The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett (1989)
Rebecca, Daphne du Maurier (1938) (CC) - 5/5
The alternatives are both non-fiction books from my TBR list because among other things, I want to put more focus on non-fiction in 2014:
13. The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals, Michael Pollan (2006)
Packing for Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void, Mary Roach (2010) - 5/5