Friday, January 25, 2013

Book Beginnings: 1Q84


Book Beginnings on Fridays is a meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. To participate, share the opening sentence of your current read. Include the title and the author. Share thoughts, impressions, or anything else inspiration-worthy.
 
 
 
 
One of my (several) current reads is "1Q84" by Haruki Murakami.
 
The taxi's radio was tuned to a classical FM broadcast.
 
It starts like your typical Murakami-book. Description of something very simple and everyday, which, over the course of pages, turns into something subtly magikal and quite irresistible. Can't wait to go on with this one.






2 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed this book. You might be interested in the music list we came up with when we discussed it in the Sword and Laser group: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/715122-the-music

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'll take a look in a minute.

    I do catch myself thinking, while reading Murakami's work, that it should maybe be accompanies by actually listening to the endless references on music that ha makes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)